A little while ago I attended a skincare event at Wiink Cosmetics in Linden. It was held in collaboration with Skin Creamery, and I was so excited to learn more about this brand that I had seen on their shelves and had been dying to learn more about their products and what really made them unique.
I have found over the years that my skincare product preference changes as I have aged, and my skin changes due to the different medication, lifestyle changes, operations and where I have been living. I no longer enjoy over-fragranced and chemically-overpowering products, but really prefer a more natural, organic, skin-loving product – and this is exactly what Skin Creamery stood for.
And I know that these products would be a divine stocking stuffer or total gift for that someone special in your life.
Natural Skin Creamery
Your name: Hannah Rubin
Business name: Skin Creamery
3 fun facts about you: I love hiking in nature. My favourite way to spend my time is playing games with my kids. I love cooking but hate following recipes.
What’s the meaning behind your name: I wanted a name that matched the simplicity of my products. Skin Creamery was elegant and simple as well as self-explanatory.
How long has Skin Creamery been around: Since 2014.
How did the idea for this business come about: I wanted a never-ending supply of a quality cream ( I have really dry skin).
Skin Creamery Products
What are the different products you have available:
- Oil-Milk Cleanser: hydrating and gentle cleanser that effortlessly removes make-up
- Deep Cleansing Powder: 3-in-1 Exfoliator, Mask or Spot Treatment
- Skin Tonic: 2-in-1 toner and hydrator containing Rose Water. Gently tones and balances the skin’s PH, with an omega-rich oil layer providing nourishment and hydration.
- Wildflower Water-Cream: Can be used as a lightweight moisturiser or serum. Helps to smooth fine lines and it is rich in anti-oxidants.
- Facial Hydrating Oil: An omega elixir, for dewy, radiant skin.
- The Everyday Cream: A rich, hydrating all-purpose moisturiser. Can be used as a day cream and night cream, or body moisturiser.
- The Balm: A calming botanical balm concentrate provides instant relief for dry, sensitive skin. Can be used on the face and body.
- The Shower Oil: An in-shower wet skin moisturiser, formulated with organic essential oils that soothe and nourish the skin while creating a luxurious sensory experience.
- Skin Scent (NEW): Inspired by aromachology, the Skin Scent captures your unique aura with a contrasting blend of earthy, citrus, and spicy notes. Vetiver, lime, and coriander soften into a milky rose to subtly amplify your natural essence.
Skin Creamery – The Brand
What truly differentiates you from other skincare brands: The time, effort and love that goes into every aspect of the product. Which I think comes across when you use it.
Who do you recommend Skin Creamery products for: Our range is unisex and can be used by all skin types.
What is your personal favourite product and why: The Everyday cream, because I use it every day and my skin just loves it!
What has been your most popular product: Our Facial Hydrating Oil
Why do you encourage people to support local: Because it supports a local economy and proves that we can create products that are on par with international brands.
What are your main ingredients in your products: Baobab is found in almost all the products in our range. Other main ingredients include Jojoba Oil and Kalahari Melon Seed Oil.
All ingredients are 100% natural and vegan friendly.
Quote you live by: I don’t necessarily have a quote but right now I have a word that I live by and that is – trust!
My Final Thoughts
This brand evokes a feeling of luxury, and the products enriching your skin. I have been using the Everyday Cream from Skin Creamery since the event, and I absolutely love how it makes my skin feel as well as how it smells the moment I release some of the product onto the palm of my hand.
I love a proudly South African brand. as they are specifically targeted for our skin, with our weather, with our lifestyles. And as always, I feel like we should support local brands first!
Skin Creamery – you have my heart…